A sweet- savoury pear, blue cheese and walnut salad

Hello!

Today I am sharing a simple yet very seasonal salad that showcases many seasonal autumn flavours.
This salad is inspired by a cheeseboard I had at a restaurant called Prego a few days ago. The flavour combination may sound a bit strange for someone who is trying it for the first time, but I trust you will love combination of blue cheese, juicy, sweet pears, and crunchy toasted walnuts just as much as I did. I added rosemary leaves for aroma, rosemary matches very well with sweet pears, dried turkish figs for some extra sweetness to contrast the blue cheese and nestled everything on a bed of nutty rocket leaves drizzled in a honey balsamic dressing.



This honey balsamic vinaigrette is one of my go-to salad dressings, it is easy to prepare and is capable of making any boring salad absolutely delightful.

How do I explain? This salad is an eye-opening experience to new flavours. It is best served as a light, autumn lunch on a sunny day. I loved it, and so will you.

Seasonal autumn Pear Blue cheese walnut salad with a  balsamic vinaigrette
Serves 2

Two large handfuls of arugula or rocket leaves
One Boston pear, thinly sliced
1 dried fig, chopped
1 spring rosemary, plucked
80g blue cheese, crumbled
handful of walnuts and pine nuts, toasted

Dressing:
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp french dijon mustard
1/2 tsp honey

salt to season

Mix together ingredients for dressing. I like to place everything in a small jar and shake vigorously it to combine.
Set out two plates and place a handful of arugula/rocket on top of each. Sprinkle with salt then, using the tips of your fingers, lightly toss the leaves in a tsp or so of dressing, just to moisten.
Arrange pear, fig, rosemary and toasted nuts on to leaves and top with crumbled blue cheese.
Drizzle with a little more balsamic vinaigrette. You may not need to use all of it.
Serve.




0 comments:

 

About me

Hi I'm Cindy.