Miann - Unforgetable sweet creations


Miann: Patisserie and dessert bar in Auckland's CBD.
Choice of gelato sticks, chocolate bon bons, petit gâteaux, macarons, pastries, a la carte menu and edible gifts.
Watermelon Sorbet Balloon 

I visited Miann on a sunny Thursday not expecting much. There were not a lot of personal reviews online, although it had been mentioned by the NZ herald, Denizen and Metro eats. When I entered Miann, we were the only customers there. The display cabinet had broken that day, so they were showcasing their creations on an Ipad. Some people came, looked around, and left. What a pity, they missed out on a unforgettable opportunity.


First I ordered the Watermelon Sorbet Balloon filled with a strawberry mousse. It was so delicious and beautiful I nearly cried. When you crack open the ice watermelon shell, you find a cloud-like pillow of strawberry mousse dotted with chocolate balls. The balloon lies on a bed of watermelon, a sort of jelly and a salty sweet shortbread-like crumble.
(Watermelon Balloon Sorbet Picture 2)

Second, I ordered one of their petit gâteaux's, the Inaya 66% Chocolate, Passionfruit, Almond, Aero. I liked how the tartness of the passionfruit cut through the decadent creaminess of the chocolate. This made me extremely happy.
(Inaya 66% chocolate, passionfruit, almond, aero)

My friend ordered the gateaux on the right (62% chocolate mousse, blackcurrant, hazelnut, black tea)

I finished off with a salted caramel chocolate bon bon. (Not pictured)
I left here sad because the delicious meal was over. The food made me so happy. I hope you give this place a try.

Good Luck and happy 2016!
Cindy

Miann 
57 Fort St, Auckland, 1010




0 comments:

 

About me

Hi I'm Cindy.