I made donuts!

 Hey,  Guess what I made today...
donuts! and they turned out great! We  had them for brunch with a salad (I know... but it kind of balances out right?) and they were extremely moist and fluffy on the inside. Yeah, we fried them with oil and coated them in a sugary vanilla glaze but they were worth it. I think I'm going to make them every year, I ate like 5 donuts today ..... because apparently they are best eaten on the day they're made. I used pioneer women's donut recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/homemade-glazed-doughnuts-recipe.html#lightbox-recipe-video from food network. 
You should make donuts too, as a diy holiday project or something like that... 
eat them for brunch and balance it out with something healthy like kale or avocado. Yeah, don't trust what I say, I'm just a 14 year old, what do you expect? 

A few tips/interesting things I learned on the way:
1. Have everything prepared and placed out beforehand. Have a wire rack ontop of a baking tray lined with paper towels before you fry. Get your glaze ready. Trust me, it takes out alot of stress from donut making. 
2. If you don't have an oil thermometer, place a small piece of dough into the oil. When it starts to turn golden brown, you know the oil is hot enough. If you don't have a donut ring to cut out your donuts (I don't, who does?) just find a big circle (i.e cup, lid of a jar) and a tiny circle i.e (bottle cap, pills cap) 
and use them as stamps. It works! 
3. Leftover donut dough makes delicious bread buns. Just bake them at 200c for 15-20 minutes after they have risen the second time. These buns turned out fluffy, slightly sweet and very delicious. 
4. It's best to dip your donut in the glaze soon after you have fried them, then let them cool slightly on your wire rack. 
5. You can warm your donuts up in the microwave. They won't last until tomorrow though. 

Here are some photos:












0 comments:

 

About me

Hi I'm Cindy.