Crunchy Panko crumbed fish burgers with mayo and toasted garlic bread bun

Hi!,
I've been really busy lately, so I haven't had time to plan my dinners or actually spend enough time to make one without falling into a stress/panic attack. But it's alright, because yesterday I ended up coming up with this amazing, mouthwatering dish, crunchy fish burgers! . Last night, I was in full panic mode and there was no meat in the fridge other then a small chuck of white fish and some eggs in a bowl. I looked around me for any sort of starch (using my food groups:/)  and I saw buns. Right... I thought, fish, eggs and buns.... what should I make?, and suddenly I got it, a voice from the heavens called down to me and said : fish burgers, fish burgers. And so I did. These fish burgers are soo easy to make, I didn't even need a recipe! Well maybe I did kind of, but last night was a sort of by instinct thing, and it turned out to be really good. You may think of me as a bit strange/dodgy now, but don't, this is an important part of your life you need to participate in. And so, I hereby declare the recipe for fish burgers, hope you enjoy!

This recipe serves four, but you can make it to fit any quantity you want:
4 wholemeal/cibatta buns. Do not use those abnormally soft white buns that look exactly identical to the other. Those buns are very, very bad.
1/4 cup butter
2 cloves garlic
handful (1/4 cup) mozzarella cheese
1 Avocado sliced. This is the vegetable add ins for the burger. You can use anything you want like lettuce, tomato or onions.
4 dollops of Kewpie Mayo for topping fish (very important condiment)
4xs 75 g size pieces of white fish (I used tarakihi), that is about the size of your fist. Alternatively, just use four pieces big enough to fit the burger bun well.
Salt, pepper to season fish
4 tsp paparika
1/4 cup wholemeal flour, use plain if you want.
1 egg
1 1/4 cups Panko breadcrumbs (Available in all good supermarkets and asian stores, it's the king of breadcrumbs)
Olive oil to pan fry the fish
Lemon wedges to top

1. Heat butter in microwave for 15-20 secounds until very soft. Mix with garlic.
2.Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Slice buns in half and spread with butter. Place onto a baking dish and top with a small handful of mozzeralla cheese. Let the buns sit in the oven for 10-15 minutes,  until cheese has melted.
3.Meanwhile, set up the crumbing station for the fish. Do this by placing ingredients in this order; one plate of flour, one plate with egg (mixed) and one bowl with panko breadcrumbs.
4. Season the fish with salt and pepper and rub 1 tsp of paprika on each piece of fish. Dip each piece of fish in flour, then in egg and then roll it in panko breadcrumbs.
5. Hopefully, your buns are out by now. They should look nice and cheesy. Time to fry your fish, heat a good glug of olive oil up in your frying pan.
6.Place fish in pan and fry for 5-7 minutes, flipping once, until fish looks deliciously golden brown. Squeeze a but of lemon juice onto fish and remove from heat.
7.Assemble your burger. On the base of your burger bun, add your avocado slices or desired vegetables. Then add your fish, with a dollop of kewpie mayo and top it off with your other half of the bun. Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!



0 comments:

 

About me

Hi I'm Cindy.